What is Staging?
Staging is actually a three step process used to prepare property for sale, regardless of price or location. This process includes addressing the condition of the property prior to showcasing it. STAGING is a service, executed by a professional, to enhance property presentation by using lifestyle selling techniques in order to secure an acceptable offer from a buyer.
Homeowners or Realtors representing sellers may seek out the assistance of a professional STAGER, like BONNIE, to provide:
- The Consult - the recommendations to ready the home for market and a bid
- Some or all of the Work (if needed) to ready the property for showcasing
- The actual Showcasing prior to photography and public showings (ie., setting the stage by arrranging/renting furniture, accessories, window treatments, bedding etc).
- STAGING is NOT decorating
- Decorating is for the homeowner; STAGING is targeted at the prospective buyer and features of the home
- STAGING has a very limited budget; decorating less so
- STAGING is intended to REFRESH, REARRANGE and REDUCE
- STAGING generally works with a tight timeline
- STAGING has a specific outcome: to BEAT THE COMPETITION BY REDUCING MARKET TIME and MAXIMIZING THE EQUITY RETURN for the SELLER
- The STAGER is part of the team working with the Realtor and seller to see that their present furnishings are either used or packed away safely and carefully where the seller wishes them stored.
- Like Bonnie, the qualified STAGER has insurance and uses a contract so everyone knows what is being promised and agreed on.
- Like Bonnie, the qualified STAGER has a background in color and design and knows best how to arrange and display the sellers` (or rented) furnishings to enhance the SPACE, not the stuff.
- A qualified STAGER works with many budgets and can offer suggestions where sellers may cut costs by doing some work themselves prior to showcasing.
- Bonnie Steele charges a flat rate of $180 for her consult of about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When she is done with that she will hand the seller a complete set of recommendations ready to work with.
- The Seller may get credit for that should they hire Bonnie to do their showcasing (and any work prior to the showcasing). Her rates are very competitive and are based on size of home and amount of work to be done prior to showcasing. Any needed furniture rentals will be arranged by Bonnie but paid direct by the seller to the rental company.